At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal and we have launched facilities across Canada and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the team:
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, and product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce and supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves experimenting to improve the user journey and making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) you will take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices powering our supply chain management (SCM) platform. You’ll partner with the product owner to define the product delivery roadmap and help your team to build great products. You will set and ensure the upholding of high standards in engineering practices, across all domains (quality, reliability, scalability, customer focus, etc.). You will be part of the global SCM engineering tribe.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop.
- Actively contribute to the codebase, performing code reviews, acting as quality gatekeeper, and apply new design patterns.
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Helm charts, Istio, Airflow, and more.
- Coach and mentor squad team members through workshops, pair/mob programming, technical spikes, katas, and code reviews.
- Provide valuable and timely feedback to your team members, as well as share inputs for regular performance reviews.
- Develop new product features backed by scalable technical solution designs which are catered for a global audience from day-one.
- Set and ensure the upholding of high standards in engineering practices, across all domains (quality, reliability, scalability, customer focus, etc.)
- You will ensure your team is following our way of working and maintaining a high code health score for owned codebases.
- You will work closely with the product owner and your team to plan sprints, refine the backlog, and estimate the stories.
- You will be responsible for the timely delivery of your team’s initiatives, objectives (OKRs) and strategic goals.
- Use agile methodologies, DevOps and continuous delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
- Continuously improve your craft by applying various software engineering best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Collaborate with Squad lead and Staff Engineers in your tribe and across the HelloTech to continuously improve our code base, systems and processes design.
- Take ownership of hiring, inspiring, managing your team; ensuring every team member has adequate growth opportunities
- 4+ years of experience in an agile software development team
- Hands-on experience in developing and releasing microservices, distributed system, and/or large-scale solutions
- 3+ years experience in a current service-oriented programming language, such as Kotlin, Java , Python, Golang or NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB), with demonstrable ability to write and execute effective queries
Why you'll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We’re a start-up within a start-up. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team