HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, we’re the industry leader and have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food and grocery.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
So, if you’re keen to join a growing, caring company which puts its people at the heart of what it does, look no further!
About the job
The Forecasting Squad within the Data & Business Intelligence team is at its core, operational. We are responsible for creating clarity for the business by forecasting our customer volume and demand, and the impact those forecasts will have on our supply chain. We use these forecasts throughout the entire business, so they are critically important and your role is fundamental to the success of our operations.
- These critical workflows sit at the heart of our operation, and you will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Analysts to continuously improve operational forecasting.
- You will be responsible for reviewing, maintaining, iterating and implementing python-based forecasting models in a production environment.
- Some of our legacy models are in need of re-architecture, and you will bring a perspective to how they can be iteratively improved.
- You will work closely with junior Data Scientists to ensure we are following good-practice and implementing reliable models.
- Our business and operations are constantly changing, so adaptability is important and you will work with stakeholders in Marketing, Production Development and Operations to incorporate those changes into our models.
- Take advantage of the HelloFresh Group’s large data science community, bringing their skills, knowledge, tools and techniques to the HelloFresh UK business.
- Take ownership of the models you build, assessing and reflecting on their accuracy, and working with the team to define a pathway for iterative improvement.
Who you are:
- You have experience designing and building production forecasting models using Python and SQL.
- You have experience presenting your insights to senior stakeholders on a regular basis, making them digestible and actionable.
- Experience working with orchestration tools similar to Airflow, ideally, in conjunction with Docker, Kubernetes and a cloud environment (preferably AWS).
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience automating tests for production models outputs.
- Strong problem-solving skills, taking ownership for business problems and creating lasting solutions.
- A desire to expand your remit to meet the needs of a newly established team as we work together to define our operating structure.
- You enjoy mentoring and giving colleagues guidance and support.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and using git for version control.
What you will get in return:
Upon starting your employment:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Premium Headspace membership
- Group Life Assurance
- Professional Coaching via MoreHappi
- Cycle to Work benefit
- Unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- If in the office, enjoy a Free breakfast every day
- Learnerbly membership with up to £75 per year to spend on your development
Upon passing probation:
- Company pension scheme
- Classpass membership
- Private Health Insurance with BUPA
Start date: ASAP
Location: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you will be asked to complete a technical test and, depending to the result, you will be invited for two video interviews: one competency, and one culture fit.
We are convinced that diversity is what makes our teams stronger: whatever identity or background might be, you will have something invaluable to offer to this company. We want to know what it is! Please apply.
Please note that all our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.