Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 9 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 15 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Software Engineer (Data) you’ll join a cross-functional team building product features and services for our supply chain management (SCM) platform. You will assume development and operational responsibility for the batch and stream processing data pipelines owned by your squad that serves a global audience. Based in Sydney, you will be part of the global SCM Tech alliance.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
- Work in a cross-functional team typically consists of a product owner, 4-5 software engineers, and a quality automation engineer.
- Use agile methodologies, DevOps and continuous delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
- Develop new batch and streaming data processing pipelines which are catered for a global audience from day-one.
- Coach and mentor other team members through workshops, pair programming, technical spikes, katas, and code reviews.
- Continuously improve your craft by applying various software engineering best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Collaborate with engineers across your tribe and the company to continuously improve our code base, systems and processes design.
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer and ideally 1-2 years of data engineering experience
- Experienced in end-to-end agile software development and delivery processes.
- Ideally exposure to at least one of the listed data processing frameworks: Airflow, Beam, Flink, Spark, etc.
- Know how to build data services by utilising pub-sub patterns on top of Kinesis or Kafka.
- Ideally experience with batch and stream processing data architectures.
- Good understanding of software design patterns and test-driven development.
- Familiar with development workflows: Gitflow and/or Trunk-based development.
- Experience in writing unit tests, and e2e tests in the context of data engineering.
- Have worked with Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes/Compose.
- Experience in CI/CD methods and practices - using Jenkins, Concourse CI, etc.
- Strong hands-on programming experience using Python, Go, Java, and Scala.
- Basic understanding and knowledge in REST APIs, API security patterns, GraphQL, etc.
- Have used one or more database technologies - Postgres, Redis, MangoDB, etc.
- Any knowledge of DevOps and AWS services is highly desirable, particularly Terraform.
- Positive and can do attitude
- Creative at solving problems
- Obsessed with helping people
- Team-player, living and breathing as team
- Willing to learn about retail, food, recipes, logistics, customer care, warehouses, etc.
What you’ll get in return…
- Growth opportunity in a large global engineering organization (400+ engineers).
- Opportunities to lateral move from one technology hub to another
- Significant reduction on our meal kits, 70 % off from your first day
- HelloFresh Academies, monthly internal learning & development
- Continuous development including external courses
- Sabbatical policy
- Flexible working arrangements available
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 14 countries
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
Location: Chippendale Head Office - currently partly working from home
Start Date: Immediately
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.